Thread: Mugen MBX7R
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 06:55 PM
joey91473
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drugofspeed
Hey guys, just wanted to say THANKS!

A few weeks ago, i asked you guys if it was possible to put 7R shocks on a 7. The first reply was a solid "Yes". Ordered the shocks, no problem. so meanwhile, im getting the buggy ready for the S.I.C. weekend in AL. when the shocks get here and installed, buggy was race-ready, in the box ready to go! I log back into rctech a few days ago and continued reading on, a couple of msgs after "Yes", someone posted that i needed to get the 7R rear tower also. im so glad i read that. i might of ended up raising the ride height up 100% to even out. IDK. but THANK YOU!!!

im already a little nervous because due to wife's work schedule, i wont get to the track for practice until 7 p.m. friday. this is my 2nd major event. the first one i sucked! ended up on the lower end of the D-main! that was last june. but i got a mugen, some practice and now i have gotten better. one thing i have learned is THROTTLE CONTROL! it's everything. i even added a lipo battery with two high volt. servos

hey heres a question, by it having the 7R shocks and towers, would i set it up more as a 7R? are there any general setups you guys recommend when going to a hard-packed dirt surface? also, buggy seems to sit a bit high, i figured it would drop down some with more drive time.

thank you guys again for any input or recommendations.
A lot of Mugen guys will be at SIC. Come see us, any of us will gladly help you get the setup close for you.. Len