R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NOVAROSSI Engine thread....
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Sean Pryce
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
Ok the plugs are c5tgc is hot, c6tgc medium, c7tgc cold

a C6tgc works fine in the temps you said although above 90 I would try a c7tgc just to keep it from burning up unless its humid outside then stay with the c6tgc.
I called Novarossi last year and spoke with someone at length about this very thing. The gist of the conversation was that higher temps require a colder plug, and the referred me to their temperature chart. http://www.novarossi.it/2012/index.p...-off-road.html
But when I asked Adam the same question, he said that he doesn't change the plug for temps. He told me that humidity plays more of a factor than temp does. I'm still kinda confused about the whole subject, but as evidence of what Adam said being right (as if he needs evidence when it comes to tuning engines), when it was 95-100 degrees at AMS 5.0 in Alabama last year, I'm pretty sure that Adam, and most guys too, still ran the C6 plug. Many of us had tuning problems, and suffered multiple flame outs, but when I asked Adam afterwards, he said that you needed to tune the motor inside of the building, where the humidity was probably 100%, instead of outside, where it was 20-30% less humid.

Things are as clear as mud to me now!