R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tc3/tc4
Thread: Tc3/tc4
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 08:42 AM
ThePrfctGetaway
Tech Fanatic

Welcome to R/C Tech. If you're looking for a TC3, get a regular version, not the FT version, the graphite accessories can break easily. (I have learned the hard way ) I have a TC3 right now, and I've upgraded it a little bit, and it works really nicely. I am VERY pleased with it. Just thought I'd give you some feedback on it. It's a very common car, and parts are a sinche (I probably spelt that wrong) to find. The TC4 looks good too. I have a TC3, and I have had NO problems at all. The only minor issue I had with it, was the rear hubs kept breaking. But thats because I kept crashing. You should work on your driving skills first, and learn some lines on your local track. Then upgrade to a car like the TC3 or TC4. The key is being consistent. I have heard that so many times, but it's so true. If you can pull off consistent laps without wrecking, you're doing good. It's all about throttle control and steering. Best of luck to you. And if you need tips, send me an IM, or make a thread on needed tips. There are so many people on R/C Tech that can give you a hand. Theres so much information that people out there have. And again, best of luck to you. And as you were saying about the carbon fiber chassis, I have the stock chassis, and it hasn't warped, cracked, or anything. You can have a bone stock car pretty much, and somewhat compete with the best of them. My advice would be to get a used TC3, or buy the TC3 racer kit, get a couple upgrades, like CVDs, aluminum center shaft, and some spare rear hubs, it's so worth it. And get some nice foam tires. Like Speedmind's, Jacos, Team Orion, etc. Ask around on what compound tires you should use and the type of traction compound to use, if your track requires traction compound. If you have any more questions, send me an IM, my screen name is ThePerfctGetaway. If you have AIM or AOL, send me an IM. And hope this post helps you out.

Last edited by ThePrfctGetaway; 02-12-2005 at 08:51 AM.