R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HobbyKing X-Car System Timing
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 06:29 PM
ic-racer
Tech Regular

Default HobbyKing X-Car System Timing

I have a HobbyKing X-Car 17.5 System 45A ESC (link) in one son's car. This car runs fantastic in the novice class. This has a FIXED endbell and software timing of LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, and VERY HIGH. Currently on our track and with the cars present gearing a temp of 120 is achieved at the LOW timing setting. So I'll leave the timing right there.

The other son has a HobbyWing Justock (0 timing) and an assortment of my old 17.5 adjustable endbell motors. These motors all have different cryptic timing marks.

I'd like to make the two cars the same in timing and run the same gearing in both. My grade-school age sons were trying to kill each other at the last race because they thought one car was faster than the other.

Although I think it works great, I don't want to buy another complete HobbyKing X-Car 17.5 system because it is only legal for novice class at our track. My sons will move out of novice in due time.

Any suggestions? My thought is to run the Justock with a motor timed around 0 to 5 degrees and run the two cars myself and tweak from there to get them both the same.

Any other thoughts or more exact way to do this?

Another thought is to use this problem as an excuse to get the SKYRC Motor Analyzer. It looks like that device will figure out the fixed endbell timing of the HobbyKing X-Car motor, but I'm still left trying to figure out how much timing that HobbyKing ESC gives on "LOW" timing setting.