R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 12:45 PM
kevinpratt823
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
The printout shows the actual inner hinge pin angles in relation to the centerline of the chassis. According to xray these should be 3 degrees per side with the 0 inserts. As you can see they are 2.5 and 3.5
There are 2 holes in the bottom of the chassis which I used to create the alignment. I leveled the alignment on the bottom of the chassis. Our CMM is repeatable within .0002" of an inch. I've been programming cmms for 20 years. Trust me when I say the rear hinge pins are off. Xray can say whatever they want. When assembled the rear suspension isn't right. But somehow the right response of "sorry we made a mistake, we will take care of all of our customers" changed to some crap about legendary attention to detail. Probably about the time they calculated how much money it would cost to make it right.
Thank you, I just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly, and also give you an opportunity to generate some credibility with those that are quick to believe that everything is fine. I have an email out to try and confirm that the statement actually did come from Xray also, you never know.....