R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Charger
Thread: New Charger
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Mr. Shookie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Guru
well said steven....well said...(this used to be rc buddah!but i changed my name because theres another guy with the name rcbuddah..so yeh!) lol steven whats wrong with having 1 pack already charged and ready to go after the other one has been ran.
Well it is better to charge your packs right before you use them, not to let one sit charged and repeak later. Here is what ProMatch recommends

"For maximum voltage: Store the packs until the day before you are going to use them again. Place them into an discharge/equalization tray and leave them in the tray overnight and then right before you charge them up remove them from the tray and start charging.
To maintain more run time: The day of your race, place the packs into a discharge/equalization tray and leave them in the tray just until the lights go out. Then remove them from the tray and start charging."

I race so I only use my race packs like this now for practice packs I uselly charge them the night before but like I said it is for practice. I don't really run for fun unless some guys want to get together and run some laps for fun. I don;t want to damage my car just messing around, that is why I have an offroad vehicle for jsut running for fun since there is an endless supply of desert right around the corner. I do have fun racing I just think of my investment (matched packs) and try and make them last as they are expencive.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><