R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 02:10 PM
swimbikerun
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

Originally Posted by biz77
I've run the EE1 in 17.5 blinky back to back with both the AMR12 and R8c. Personally, I wouldn't run the EE1 even if they paid me to do so. My new favorite is the Strakka.
While I haven't run the BSR tires, I have run the CRCs and have put the Xceed tires up against them. On my track (old rug, medium grip once a layout is established and grooved in) I'm consistently .2 seconds per lap quicker on the Xceed carpet medium front and carpet medium rear versus the CRC Greene rear with Chrome fronts. I'm waiting on CRC Blu fronts and rears to try. Unless some combination of CRCs significantly improve my lap times I will be sticking with the Xceeds. I run the white rim version and at $7.50 per set versus $13.00 for the CRC's, it's a no brainer. I've also run the Mobgums and really like the feel and durability of those. Tony Block is selling at a tough to beat price, but they really don't fit into your color scheme.
The foam is the same for BSR/CRC/Jaco/Pro One since BSR is the OEM. The only difference is the rim. For most of the folks in the midwest we're running one of the BSR brands especially Blues and Double Blues in the front and Green or Blues in the rear. The new foam wears uber well and the tires just stay more consistent throughout the run so you're not adjusting your driving throughout the run.