R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Silly Season Thread!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 04:21 AM
Eivind E
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
alot of times your responses to these callouts puts JQ - the brand - in disrepute.
You would think that. But not really.
JQ the brand basicly appeals to misfits, people that don't get along with other people. Just look at the entire marketing of it, it's all "everyone hates us".
He has perfected stoking the fire by trolling online, and subsequently playing the victim when people reply.

Those people who are willing to buy a JQ do it despite it being "the hater brand", so if JQ turns out to be an even bigger hater online, for any other brand this would be negative - but for JQ this is only positive, as all his clients are fine with it, in fact it is what attracted them to the brand in the first place.
Some random anti-americanism, slapping a reporter, trolling online, it's all good, they love it.

It reminds me of the obnoxiously rebellious advertisements for these spray-on-deodorants for teenagers, and interestingly they use the same style of lettering as JQ does for their "against the odds" logo.

Anyway, I go to races to have fun. I don't waste time on non-productive activities like slapping reporters and such.