R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Silly Season Thread!
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 11:27 PM
willbe
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is why they call this the Silly Thread. Wow. On the next Jerry Springer show- boys and their toys.

Personally I look forward to meeting JQ someday. In this trying economic time, he took the risk to challenge himself, build a product, promote and maintain with good customer service so I hear. All the while traveling the world, experiencing different venues that most of us never will. I applaud you.

I think there is a misunderstanding when words are typed without the ability to prove your reflections meaning- negative taken positively - or the reverse.

I just disagreed with Originally Posted by JQ
I can't wait to see what Ronnefalk can do with it! I don't think Ty is clearly number 1 anymore.

I have met the Tessmans and Dakotahs family as they are just north of us.

Both great families, great programs- and the ability to perform at such high levels at their young ages. What does future hold for them?

Also- they live in areas that outdoor off-road is seasonal at best and have NO home field advantage compared to Cali, AZ, Texas, Fla.

Back to the point
My opinion is that Ty had an amazing 2014 season: starting out with
-The Dirt: 1st in truggy, 3rd in a row and 4th in 6 years. 1st in Buggy his 2nd in 3 years
- Roar Nats- finished 1st in buggy for the 2nd time in 3 years, finished 2nd in truggy with the final turns Marshall could have flipped him first as that's how down to wire it was.
Oh- he was trying to claim his 3rd straight truggy tittle
- 1st at the Neo which has become another must attend event in buggy and ebuggy I believe.
1st at the Proline Dual
And finally that little win over in Italy.

Add in his success with the electric products that has been running- yes I would say it was a dominate year and would feel that away about anyone that had those results. The top 25 is just that. The best that can win on any given Sunday and enjoy watching them all in awe.

Did HPI do it right with new additions or did they overkill and will go the way of Durango in the upcoming years. Time will only tell..

Ty commented some time back when ask if being the only driver was an advantage. Of course it has some advantages but all testing, experiment set ups all had to come from them- it would be nice to have a team to learn and share ideas like the tlr's, ae's, etc have.

Back to hockey