R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:05 PM
ta04evah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evochick
Rob I think you and I went into the builds looking at it from a different angle.

My thoughts have always been that this SpeedPassion Crap they are using is going to be crap, how can I make it better and livable with.

Ok yeah a few things are not very good in your kit like missing parts and misaligned things, but the rest we of the stuff we really knew about and wasn't really a deal breaker.

I also have this vision of a StreetJam being thrown across the carpark on Sunday Morning, you will have to remember it does drive differently to other F1's and will take you a few runs to get your head around it.

Beth.
Yes, I know I'm being all negative & pessimistic about it, and I did know what I was getting into after talking to you about it when you showed me your car.
Maybe I've also been spoiled by building Tamiya kits where things go together 99.9% without any issues, sure it's never going to be up there with an xray for build quality, but I expected something better from a Japanese company.

And no, I won't throw the car across the car park, that exercise ends up being too costly as the electrical components often get damaged in the process, things like tires & bodies may reach an altitude though.
I will however have the F113 with me on Sunday to race, just in case the street jam does not agree with me during practice.

One thing that has me confounded the most, is how you managed to get the gear ratio you have on yours, even with a 65 tooth spur the biggest pinion I can use is a 28, and that's with the motor just lightly touching the shock springs.
If it's ok with you, can you give my car a look over on Sunday morning, just in case I've done something wrong, or have missed something during the building of the car.

Rob.