R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Another RS4 Rally thread?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 02:48 AM
VintageJunkie
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

Is this the Rs4 Rally therapy group? I too have a problem... its costing me lots of money...

Having spent a huge amount of time searching the internet over the last few weeks and seeing these pages pop up, i thought i`d register on this forum. Some nice Rallys on here and good info too.

I`m based in the UK where HPI is one of the bigger brands but not as popular as the likes of Tamiya and Kyosho. Not as much of a following as in the US.

Pisc to follow, but i have a boxed RS4 Rally with the original Subaru body. Picked it up a couple of years ago on Ebay having hardly had any use. Complete with box, instructions, radio and even an edition of Radio Race Car that featured the car which the owner sent with it.

Having sold some of my other stuff in order to put money into the Rally, I am now in the process of sourcing as many spares as possible as well as grabbing upgrades when i find them. I have ordered the Slipper set so i can put in a Speed Passion brushless system. Should be quicker than the 17x4 Brushed item thats in there currently.

Does anyone know which MIP CVD units fit the front of these cars? I believe it may be the same as the RS4 200mm ones, but cant be sure. I thought i had found a set of the A513 universals, but sadly the store emailed to say they weren`t in stock when i placed the order.

Awesome cars. If only HPI did what Tamiya have done an re-released some of their older models. This would surely be a candidate along with the Super Nitro Rs4s.

Ant