Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 03:44 PM
GregerL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Hey guys ... got a few kinks with my XB4'14

I've changed the diff bevel gears to steel versions. It's great being able to drive around without having to worry as much about slipper settings or shimming everything to perfection.

But ... here's a couple of things. One of the pins in my CVDs went through the plastic cup that tries to hold everything together. Is this a known problem and should I buy the aluminium ones from Exotek?
Also, front and rear diff carrier bulkheads are a bit loose now, so I can wiggle the diff outdrives around a bit. I think I read something about this - has Xray fixed the plastics for this now?

Love my XB4. It's a different animal from the D413. D413 is brute force, ebuggy style! XB4 has a bit more finesse to driving it.
The alu drive cups are all great, but the reason for this happening in most cases is that the CVD isn't lubricated enough. If you don't see to this, eventually even alu won't help you, I have seen pins coming through alu cups as well....

The bulkheads have been updated to improve the fit of the differential. I even saw improvements to the '15 kit we have, but the part no is the same so it must be a running change.....