Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 01:29 PM
kevinpratt823
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boz
Hi kevinpratt823

I'm glad you knew about the ballend thing. I see to many driver screwing them on too far and forgetting to see if the pivot ball still can move.

Ok so it's only a few mm of movement. What TV is saying is that the spring need to settle if they are brand new. I was coming from another angle, that you may have built something wrong, which it sounds like you haven't.

When I'm running a new car after it's first run, the ride height normally sags a few mm's. Mine can go from 20mm down to 17/18mm when running a new set of 1dot springs. Then I have re set the ride height, which means screwing the collars down a few more turn. I be honest, I have never notice the floating spring before. But I do set mine car to 20mm.

All good. You can always push your car up and down on the bench for 10min if you are bored. lol
Thanks Boz. I think I got what TV was saying, but the springs were too short for the way everything was set up, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't get longer after breaking in. Ran it today at 18mm, and I likely will be going up a bit in height, placing an order for some springs to try also, among other things.
Thank you both for the feedback.