R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated T5M Discussion
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:37 PM
StadiumRC
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fastatfrog
I know this is the wrong place but my brother is bringing over his rc10 worlds right now to ask me about transmission issue
So hoping for a quick reply is the transmission problem only the top shaft? Or is there something else to look at

Also going to build my B5 on over the next 4 days at holiday unit so can u give me heads up with known issues other than ball cups

Again sorry for posting it here but given last comments here I hope I get quick reply rather than trolling through 100s a pages
I had two different topshafts that I tried with mine and discovered the main problem was with the transmission case itself and the idler gear. I purchased the #6565 RC10T transmission case (based on the original molds) and I also purchased the #6570 idler gear, which is the correct vintage style idler. This completely solved my problem and the transmission spins freely now (and is also more authentic if being vintage correct matters). I bought both of those parts from Amain and I think you can still buy them direct from AE. The 6570 idler has the shaft molded in, and you place the two kit supplied idler bearings in the 6565 case halves, works great - like a proper Stealth should.