R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4wd Buggy Racing for 2005
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:10 AM
cartmen34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cain

cartmen34: The vehicles you listed on your sig, do you own all of them now? If so and you got some people you trust as buddies at your track, maybe see if any of them would be interested wheeling those vehicles. Just have them agree to a "you break you fix" thing and go and race. Probably set them up with something that isn't full mod either so less chances to break. May be a way to generate interest if people see how well the 4wd vehicles go.
yes, I do own them all now, and yes, I've already offered them up, free of charge (but you break you fix), to anyone who wants to come race with me. I've got a die-hard AE fan who says that he'd love to try my bj4, but everytime he declines to put his electronics in and drive it. I've also got a guy on the hook who seems to want to drive my x-5, but he never seems to even show up at the races.

what is really sad is that I know there are at least 10 guys with a 4wd car, they just never bring it to race. I'm thinking of asking the race director if we could try a "4wd races for 1/2 price", or your 19t idea, or something like that. the problem with that is that, my local track, while very nice, is only known of by word of mouth. He's got no website or even flyers to put up at the area hobby shops. It makes it hard to promote something like that. I'd be more than happy to do a little leg work to get something promoted, if he'd just be willing to actually do something about promoting the class.