R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 01-07-2015, 05:33 AM
hanulec
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
I am going to run the DR/L6 dampers on the new chassis. Was looking for a bit of help on trying to emulate the same feel as what I am currently running, car is working very well using Josh's set-up with a few changes.

My current damper/spring setting are;
Front A-5.0 B-6.0 = 64.7gf/mm
Rear A-5.4 B-5.6 = 69.1gf/mm

(car is working well, I like the way it feels, however, I do think it is on the edge of traction rolling-if I clip a dot, it rolls easily.)
For the new chassis--
Right now your guess are as good as ours. It is really early days for everyone w/ the car. You'll have to run a low "A" gap in order to ensure they remain straight on the car --- as the AM17{l|r} will not be in contact with the C01AL-S2 chassis 'notch' after 3.6mm of "A" gap

For flipping--
Decreasing your "A" or "B" would make sense
Focusing your changes on the rear of the car often provides the most benefit. I would just reduce your Rear "A" gap by 1mm to 1.4mm.

Originally Posted by markova
(car is working well, I like the way it feels, however, I do think it is on the edge of traction rolling-if I clip a dot, it rolls easily.)
Any solution/help for that?
There are many potential solutions for traction roll. The challenge is often
1- getting the right information on what to change... as there is a lot of bad info out there.
2- which change to prioritize