R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 22 vs B5 vs Dex210v2
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 08:15 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barry1me
Guys I know this is a debated topic but im looking for some advice on a 1/10 scale buggy. Im just looking for insight on which setup to run MM on, and which is your favorite. I have typically been a Losi guy but Im open to whatever. The LHS carry TLR, and AE parts. Durango is not a kit that has many hobby shops around me carry parts for.
I have not owned the Durango, but I have a B5M and a TLR 22. Just go with the B5M. The 22 is a well made car, but for Mid motor, it is just terrible IMO. The rear end dances all over the place. The B5M is very heavy out of the box, that is true, but so is the TLR. There are several ways to get the weight down. If you are running mod, the weight is not overly important. If you are running stock, your going to end up dumping cash into any car you buy.

B5M Pros
- easy to works on
- good rear bite
- durable
- local support

B5M Cons
- heavy for stock
- needs a few inexpensive parts out of the box to make it better
- bearings kinda suck. At least in the front hubs.

** Note, the FT car "might" be coming out soon. This is solely based on the fact that AE normally waits a year after release to make the FT kit. But...They may not make a FT kit at all.

I have owned the RB6, 22 and B5 platforms. IMO, the B5 platforms are the best overall. The weight of the car is the only real downer for stock racing. But stock racing is dumb. I still run stock, but it is still a dumb class.