R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 22 vs B5 vs Dex210v2
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 06:12 AM
bambambennett
Tech Regular

My take on this is a bit different. I have had multiple 22's, multiple B5's and soon will try the 210. Likes and dislikes as follows
TLR22
-Like the durability and part support
-Like the handling manners sometimes as MM
-Dislike the lean and hook of the RM, Using stiffer springs to eliminate causes the car to become inconsistent
-Really dislike the fact of a lot of extra money to invest to get the rear of the car to plant, this is caused from the crappy trans design putting the motor way too far forward in MM configuration
-Exotek or new TLR bell cranks are a must, the stock rack is crap

B5
-MM is too aggressive and snaps around sometimes, car seems inconsistent for my driving style
- HEAVY! Must spend a fortune on lighter parts for a MM for 17.5 blinky or the car is just a slug
-RM is really really good with easy driving manners
-RM is light
-RM makes a perfect 17.5 blinky racer
-while some can be very consistent with the MM B5, I prefer the RM

TD 210
Not sure yet. Just picked up a Durango SC truck for a bargain. I am going to play with this thing for a couple of weeks and if I like it I am going to get the 210 also. I have grown bored with my B5. My setup only needs a minor rear RC change from track to track now. Problem???? Yes, I like to tinker as much as I like to drive. As for parts, all these cars can have a good support but usually when someone breaks something at the track, someone else had broken the same part resulting in having to order the part anyway. I stock enough parts to almost build another car if needed,Minus chassis. Hobby shop owners aren't rich and they cannot stock 20 of everything. LOL

Hope this helps a little, its a little more descriptive of what my findings have been. Good luck. All these cars can win and are good.