R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 01-05-2015, 10:10 AM
goathog02
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E-Mann
If you are looking to improve reliability and performance on the front, then getting the bell crank kit (TLR231027) with the 2.0 caster blocks (use the 0 degrees in the pack TLR234006) is your best bet. The bell crank kit comes with spindles so if you buy spares (shouldnt need them) make sure to get TLR234029. This is not the full 2.0 front conversion but is the best starting point for performance on a 1.0.

As for the front hinge pins staying in, there are two allen set screws in the kick block that secure them. Make sure you remove / back out those before trying to remove or reinstall the new ones that come in the package (although these are really not needed as they just changed the coating on the new ones).
Ok. I'll start with the steering upgrades.....might was we'll since I need replacements anyway.
I thought this kit was giving me a outer hinge pin to replace the screws AND a king pin for mounting the spindle to the caster block. Obviously I was wrong.
If I wanted threaded kingpins And outer hinge pins, which part number would I I've for those? (Considering I'll upgrade to 2.0 parts)
Thx for the help.