R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Wease
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
Looking for a little advice as I'm new to the car. This is a 2014. I have some ideas based on normal changes I would make with other vehicles, but figured I would see how those compare to your experience.

Racing on an indoor track with soft slicks, very high grip and fluff only off the groove. My rear has a tendency to come around a bit on power in the corners vs staying planted. Other than that, it feels pretty good.

Running the 2014 clay setup sheet:
http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/2014/dow...sheet_clay.pdf
I have a 2015 now, but had a 2014 that I ran on the same exact surface with the exact same problem. I made a ton of various changes trying to add rear-traction and/or take from steering away with no success. The problem is your car is driving from the front and the front end is making soo much grip that the rear can't stay planted and just wants to sling around and follow the front. In the end it turns out that my slipper was waaaaayyyyy to tight. The manual recommends something like 5.5 - 6.3mm spacing between the bearing and spring collar. The manual's recommendation is way to tight for those conditions. In the end, I loosened mine to 6.9mm and the problem went away.