R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Decision time - new car Losi 3.0 or Kyosho MP9 TKi3
Old 01-01-2015, 01:41 PM
JoePit
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Spads11;13754260]
Originally Posted by jpz_67

I would agree with this except; over the long term, you are going to freshen the Losi more as they have not done much for the wear with the plastics. It's fast and you better be in front of the car or it's going to run you over. I found the same with the D812 - the same with the wear. Plus, how long does it take to bring a simple radio tray update to market? Parts support leaves something to be desired. Team guys give good support on all 3 of these cars, but in the case of the Losi and the Kyosho, you can drive the same car as the team guys.
I always get a kick out of reading how the Losi wears. Mine is almost a year old and I just replaced the arms on it. I have not broke one single part on the car all year and we pretty much run 52 weeks a year here. I just ordered a chassis for the car this morning.

Let's take a look at the Kyosho which is no question a fantastic car. They break and cost money to fix. So as the year goes replacing broken parts will outweigh the cost of keeping your Losi fresh.

Either way these threads are pissing matches between who runs what. He never asked about a Serpent or the HB. If I were to run one of those 2 it would be the HB though as support for the Serpent around these parts is non existent. Same goes for the Kyosho these days. I don't know anyone that has one around here anymore.