R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Decision time - new car Losi 3.0 or Kyosho MP9 TKi3
Old 01-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Spads11
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jpz_67;13754051]
Originally Posted by robracing
I know that this has probably been debated at length, but if I were to buy a new 1/8 nitro car between these two, which would you choose:

I have raced both cars over the past 2 years. The Kyosho is pretty easy to find a setup for and you hardly have to change it from track to track. K car is overall easier to drive than the losi and is awesome on rough tracks. Losi is a fast and twitchy car, kind of feels on edge all the time. I felt like I struggled when track conditions became rough. The losi is very durable however, I had the most success at finishing races with the losi. I actually had more parts break on the K car. I really liked how easy the losi is to make short run up jumps, car jumps great. I felt like it took more time to find the right setup for the losi but I was able to make it work for me. Both cars have there strong points as well as there flaws. Either one is a good car.
I would agree with this except; over the long term, you are going to freshen the Losi more as they have not done much for the wear with the plastics. It's fast and you better be in front of the car or it's going to run you over. I found the same with the D812 - the same with the wear. Plus, how long does it take to bring a simple radio tray update to market? Parts support leaves something to be desired. Team guys give good support on all 3 of these cars, but in the case of the Losi and the Kyosho, you can drive the same car as the team guys.