R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 PM
alunjai
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rudeboy03
yeah there's a good chance that your Sensorless setup is the problem. I ran a leopard setup which failed after a couple months. Assuming you already addressed the loose belt issue that most d3 users have, the sounds may be coming from a differential binding for blown bearing. If you have not at attention to the belts via custom tensioner Pulley, I highly suggest you do so. slop in the drive train is a known issue.
I added new aluminium pulleys last night and still have the problem. When the car is raised it runs fine (forward and reverse) but reversing on the ground there is still clicking or grinding of some sort. I have a Zero S belt tensioner in the middle but still a lot of slop on the center belt. Its hard to work out where the grinding is coming from.

Sorry, but what do you mean by "differential binding for blown bearing"?

The Leopard setup is brand new but seems to have a mind of its own. Is it worth investing in a sensored brushless?

Originally Posted by gillbily23
Try adjusting the throttle trim first to fix the motor running on it's own. As far the grinding sound when it is on the ground, check to see if your front wheels are rubbing on the control arms. I had to go with +7mm offset wheels in order to keep the wheels from rubbing on the control arms. I also run 3 degrees negative camber on the front to help clear them as well. It doesn't seem to be an issue for the rears though.
The front wheels doesn't seem like its rubbing on the control arms but will double check. When the car is moving its quite difficult to work out where the grinding is coming from. To get the +7mm offset can I just use a wider Hex nut or does it have to +7mm offset wheels? Sorry for the noob questions.