R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Corner weight system
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 08:18 AM
crisis641
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
So lets take this one step further in our discussion as I think it will help a lot of people.

So lets play through this scenario and see where people start.
I have measured the down stroke on the shocks and the fronts are equal to each other and the rears are equal to each other.
The springs, as rated by the manufacturer, are equal for the front and for the rear.
The shock collars are screwed down an equal distance from their shock caps (used as a point of reference).
Ride height is set
Camber is set
Droop screws are not touching the chassis
Chassis, to the best of our knowledge is not tweaked but how would you verify?
Body installed
Left and right relationship is how you would be sitting in the car.

I believe my car is ready to race so I scale it. I find that I my left rear has 1 ounce more than the right rear. I find the right front is 1.5 ounces lighter than my left front.

Where do you start to get the same amount of weight across the rear tires and also the front tires?
If both Left side tires are heavy then you need to make the left side of your car lighter or add weight to the right side. It's almost impossible to fix left to right or front to rear weight differences with spring perch adjustments.

Have you tried balancing your car on balance posts? You should try to get the car to balance with static weight before you try adjusting it with your springs.