R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fukuyama Batteries
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Maj. Teeth
Tech Master

Originally posted by Ld_Tony
When will higher capacity batteries become available from Fukuyama?
That's a good question, and a question I've been asked many times. LOL

Althought we've tested just about every single type and brand of higher then 3300mah cells. I have not yet decided to carry them simply because our biggest market is still the USA market. As soon as ROAR approves them, I'm sure you'll also see Fukuyama Racing labels on some of them.

So far, we've tested GP3700, was the first USA matcher to test out the Intellect Batteries 3600, and currently testing the Sanyo's as well. We've found that these batteries have one thing in common, VOLTAGE and Runtimes seems to be on par with each other. But given the better cells on the good ol' GP3300, there just aren't enough reason to spend the extra money on these latest NON-ROAR approved cells yet. Currently, there is one more battery manufacturer who has similar characterisitic <sp?> yet at a fraction of the cost and willing to work with our engineer on further improvements.. If that came out, I'd be afraid to have other competitors suffer from cost issues.

So basically, we are still withholding our options for future marketing and technologies.. Please stay tuned ^^

Dan