R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 08:08 AM
MaricopaAgent
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wease
I've raced my 2015 in shorty configuration twice thus far. It certainly drives different than my 2014. I built the 2015 to kit specs with the exception that I put 5k in the rear diff instead of the recommended 8k. The 2015 carries more corner speed and it seems because the car just rotates better on and off power. I thought my 2013 car was better than my 2014 and I think the 2015 feels a little closer to my 2013 car, yet better. The rear end of the 2015 car feels more planted to me than my 2014 car especially on power. It will rotate but won't completely lose traction like my 2014 wanted to do. It doesn't feel dramatically better than my 2014, yet my results are dramatically better in both races. The 2015 car kept the heavier yellow slipper pads, but went back to the smaller diameter slipper spring and I think it's much improved! That heavy slipper spring made it more difficult to set the slipper right, it seems like the range of proper setting was narrower with the heavier spring. The smaller spring seems to work really well thus far.
Are you using the +2 mm rear hangers on both cars?

My 14 has normal and the 15 has +2 from the kit.

I am trying 20k front and 10k rear fluid right now.. Seems damn good. Need to play with the rear mounts some.