R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 03:43 AM
davidl
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Man, I am exhausted. We reconstructed our layout at our club track starting about noon on Sat. Worked 4 hours. Raced till midnight. Laid down current track records in both stock and mod and capped both with W's. Had a beer with the boys at midnight. Hopped outta bed early this morning, scooped up my brother, off to dad's RV for some Seahawks tailgating. Watched the stingy LOB keep the Rams to 6. Collapsed on the cushy couch for some high lights. The sheets are calling me out!

David, I am using the Airtronics 94761 with the upper ear trimmed off. If you trim the middle out of the H Brace, it all clears. Make sure the two to not touch just in case there is any flex, you do not want to add the "contact". The servo is located right where Frank placed the holes. It's perfect! Although I do put a 1/2mm shim between the servo and the chassis or the servo saver would be below the chassis. You have to shim more if you use the 201 medium saver.

I found .55 and .50's to initiate turn in more then .45. .50 and .55 can carry more entry speed, but if you scrub the car too much entering....well you loose. .45 with nearly no gap is pretty civilized on entry and mid-exit is better then .50-.55. .55 can whip the rear tires loose too. .55 are good if you have iic style grip.

I ran blu/gre on both mod and stock last Sat on a fresh layout. Blu/blu was too loose at the tail. Green rears can be a little dicy in the first 90 seconds. A tip one of our local racers came up with is to dry green's off about 10-15 minutes prior to the run. It works! I will have to wait till our grip fills in a bit more before I put blu back on the rear.

Gee, Brian. You sound like a sprint car driver. LOL

Thanks for the info. I run the Sanwa SRG-HR servo. It has the same case as the 94761, but has faster transit speed and good enough torque to also steer my WGT chassis.

Surprised to hear that blue rears ran more loose than the greens. It has been opposite for me. I felt blue were pretty close to magenta on the rear, but didn't pick up fuz or debris as the magenta. I work at Hobbytown here in Indy. We are trying to get Horizon to carry blue and double blue front tires. If everyone asks Horizon to stock these incredible front tires, they should pick them up.