R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RTR T4 or XXXT vs. Kit
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 09:41 PM
jackfast
Tech Regular

I have the kit T4 but I probably would have opted for the RTR version had I not already owned radio gear. The gear that you get with the Rc10T4 is great to start out with. It is about all that you will need to keep yourself busy for along time. I think I would reccomend taking things one step further though.
First I would buy this new version of the T4. http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...c10t4_kits.htm
It is updated with topnotch gear that will get you racing stock class ( with the exception of a twenty dollar motor,) in hardly anytime at all.
I would also suggest buying a decent charger if you can. As far as chargers go, any unit from novak, lrp, or integy would get the job done nicely. I have an integy 16x5x6 v2 DC charger, and I love the thing. However, if you just need something to get you started, pick up a used one in the For Sale or For Trade forums. There are allot of reputable racers with clean, good working gear for sale.
Good luck, I am sure you will love your truck. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
-jack