R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Anyone use the Reds 4 shoe 32mm clutch?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 01:08 PM
mercfocus
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaymancd
It being lighter will put less strain on your engine. This means it will spool up quicker and give you more punch. What starter box do you have? I know a few guys around me that still run nitro (there is like 3 including myself) have a way to change how tall the top of the box is off of the wheel. I have no problems with mine on me 1/8 buggy but I dont know about your situation. Back to the clutch, I ordered one last week and put it on and I love it. Seems to me that it engages well and even and doesnt eat shoes like some of my 3 shoe clutches did.
The box I use with this car is an OFNA 1/10&1/8 w/ power panel.

I can't seem to find a link for that one to show which one it is.

It's really narrow and I already have the slots dremeled out so the car will sit more over the starter wheel. They're not grooved as far as they can go. I can still go over to the cars right a little more and then bevel the slot in the bottom of the chassis so the wheel will go up more and not rub the chassis. It's going to be close though.

It barely gets the 35mm clutch I have on there now. I know it's only a difference of 1.5mm more for it to reach but that's actually quite a bit.

Sounds good to me that it bites good. It's worth it then.