R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Exotek F1R
Thread: Exotek F1R
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 02:54 PM
wheelz
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IlikeF1
Mike or Aaron,

So far so good with my IFS - I have equaled my lap times prior to the conversion, and I feel there is some adjusting to do to really dial it in.

The one thing I am having an issue with and I can't seem to wrap my head around is ride height.

I am having trouble keeping it above 4.2mm - and to get it this high I had to position the steering knuckle all the way to the bottom of the kingpin with all the spacers on top. I even have the shock ball ends adjusted out as far as I can without them being too weak from not being threaded in very much.

I know I am missing something or have done something stupid - do you have any advice or suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi nick,

I think i know what might fix your ride height problem. The ballcap that is at the bottom of the damper is 3racing brand. they sell a shorter and longer length ballcap. I would double check and make sure that the longer one is on your car and not the short one. the longer one should allow you to space back up the spindle and get the proper ride height

Aaron