R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 17.5 CW Rotation Timing Adjustment
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Wanderer77
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Actually, I do have about 4-5 months worth of racing so far this year running my motor in reverse in my Dex210. I've done it with a Tekin RS Gen2 ESC and Redline Gen2 13.5T motor.

My car was originally a 3 gear rear-motor car, and I converted to 3 gear mid-motor. I accidentally built my diff housing flipped and never noticed until I had everything built up. I reversed the motor direction in the ESC and moved on. I did play with endbell timing to see what would happen, but the Tekin motor doesn't have a lot of "negative timing" available. Putting in "positive timing" on the reversed motor just made it slow. "Positive timing" on the reversed motor with timing added via the ESC made for a "peaky" feeling powerband that hit too hard too quick...almost like riding a 500cc 2-stroke dirt bike. It probably could have been tamed, but this setup just didn't make sense to me. Leaving timing at 0 on endbell and then adding timing with ESC has made for the smoothest power delivery so far with easy tuning.

...however...back to the Pro 2. I own one and know you don't have to reverse the motor rotation. You have to run a mid-motor conversion Pro 2? What's the matter the normal Pro 2 wasn't already different enough? ;-)

Last edited by Wanderer77; 12-17-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Reread original post...