R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 17.5 CW Rotation Timing Adjustment
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 03:51 PM
Cpt.America
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasscat31
That's exactly what I didn't want to hear but if that's the answer then alright. If all else fails I will just run my 8.5 in sct mod. I really don't want to get a different truck as this one forces me to learn the art of tuning due to very limited info on setups and such plus being different is fun too. Thank you
I'm not saying you won't be able to run it... I just don't know if there is anybody here (including myself) that has ANY practical experience racing a motor that is running in reverse. I just can't see how it would work with modern day brushless motors that have advanced timing built into the endbells. (but I could be wrong, somebody correct me if so).

And you don't need a completely unique car to learn the art of chassis tuning. Chassis tuning is the same art form regardless of how many setup sheets you can find online. No setup sheet you find online will work exactly for you, as a unique driver, on a different track, that runs different tires, etc. My setup on my car changes EVERY weekend, because conditions change every week as the clay ages in it's build. You can't get those tiny changes week to week from a setup sheet from a guy running the same car at a track across the country... it's something you need to learn, feel, practice.