R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 12-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Tekin not what it use to be? I'd love to fly out to some of these tracks and actually race with some of you guys and see what problems you guys experience. Maybe I could help get to the bottom of something you have an issue with. While the HW is a great speedo I have yet to lose a race because someone had a better speedo or motor. Every motor company you have mentioned has good motors. One isn't better than the other IMO. Winners of the Cactus, OCRC stock nats, and 2nd and 3rd in the pro class at the OCRC stock Nats run at my local track so it's always a nationals at club races.
I worked with Randy to get my gen2 tekin super smooth on the brakes and throttle. I really didnt like the feel at all. Tessman used to run their stuff and ditched it for the orion. Which is an over priced HW. Tekin has GREAT service, but IMO that is where it ends. I really really wanted tekin to be good. The motors ran hotter and felt slower than my reedys turn for turn. The esc has great "features", nice solder posts, easily tuned drag brake at the track side, data logging and so on. But at the end of the day it feels like an on/off switch. I know a few guys that run on super high bite that prefer the binary feel of the tekin in 17.5 with a slipper eliminator. They feel 17.5 is an on/off class when it comes to throttle. I have run the tekins and I have talked to die hard tekin users that tried an HW esc, and they all feel the HW stuff is smooth and more linear on brake and throttle feel. If tekin ever gets the same feel as the HW stuff, I will switch to tekin in a heart beat, just because of the small form factor and soldering posts. Keep in mind, when I was using the tekin stuff I was getting a military discount which greatly lowers the cost. But the great price and great customer service was not enough to keep me using the product when the feel was not good at all.