R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 12-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sstriano
Been out of the scene for awhile and picked up a B5M kit, Spektrum DX4R and now I need some input on ESC/Motor and Servo.

I was looking at LRP Flow Team w/17.5 motor and also the Tekin RS GEN2 w/17.5. Any suggestions there?

What about a servo? I was thinking SC1258TG from Savox but heard of problems with Spektrum receivers??

Thanks!
tekin and LRp are not what they used to be, much more so with novak.

IMO, get a HW 3.1 stock spec esc and program box, then pick up a good motor. Motors are kinda flavor of the month, but I doubt anyone thinks the tekin motors are super fast. People on rcteck like tekin, but that is about where it ends. They never podium crap. For the motor the schuurspeed or reedy are good 17.5 choices. The trinity d4 is getting mixed reviews. I will skip all of the science behind it, but the math on the d4 is not great. Use more mah than others and lower bottom end. This is from dyno testing. Lots of locals use the turnigy red can 17.5 with good result. Good power and runs cool.