R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Am I good enough to be sponsored?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 05:19 AM
VenomWorldOrder
Tech Elite

to be sponsored i'm pritty sure being quick is a main point. try cutting your teeth at big events. if you can make the top ten in a big event with known drivers you are ready to be sponsored. rack up a few good results, wow a few people then get your mum or dad, brother or sister (if you are young) to right up a expresion of interest to the big brands out lining your acheivments in rc.

attributes that will help you getting sponsored also are;

-being carismatic. are you a likable chap? do people tend to want to "hang around you"?
-are you approachable.ie can you be a good representative for the brands you support. can you talk the talk and walk the walk. if someone interviewed you do you have the inteligence/ability to communicate basic info?
-can you write? maybe your sponsor wants you to take a active role in communicating to your target market? young racers etc.

if you are a dead set brat and don't appreciate anything anyone does for you and always abuse people at the track and call the newcomers "annoying slow peices of trash that shouldn't be in this hobby!" you've basicly thrown away all your chances.

maybe wait till you are a bit oler and learn how to "market your abilities" this way you can figure out if it is something you really want to do.

maybe ask josh cyrul in his thread. he is a perfect example of what a sponsored driver should be like. my mates told me he's a really cool bloke.