R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Magazine car report -vs-consumer internet car report
Old 02-08-2005, 03:40 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Can I buy you a drink

Originally posted by andsetinn
TCR I like your points and agree.

The mag guys of course have the right to answer back but I think they're taking stuff too seriously and as direct personal insult, not as something they really should think about. At least they don't take much time in thinking before replying.

What I don't like about the standard testing in rc magz is that every car is tested to different standards. X-ray is tested and gets 9, Traxxas RTR is tested and gets 9. I KNOW that the X-ray is far better car than the Traxxas, both for backyard bashing and racing. The kid that is just starting, and picking up his first mag, doesn't know that you're testing to different standards and thinks that the cars are fully comparable.

Since there was mention of PC magz I'd like to point out that all games , all hardware and all software is tested to the highest standards. They don't test one game on a old 486 computer and other on a brand new one with 64 bit processor.

This is not an attack on XRC, for Gods sake, it's just a mag, not a bible.

I'm not comparing RC to PC, just comparing testing methods.

So, Derek, is it safe for me to assume that the Corally touring car is crap? I don't remember seeing a review in XRC. I really don't think it's complete crap. I'm not buying one anyway.
thank you