R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Behavior in this Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 03:00 AM
TRF415boy
Tech Master

Originally posted by jackfast
This may be a bit out of line, but I am always seeing posts in response to threads that criticize the other posters on their ability with grammar and spelling. It just seems ridiculous to me that when a person comes to forums for help with a hobby problem, they instead get schooled on the proper use of the English language. Many of the people here use English as their second language and they seem to be getting along just fine with their writing, however, there always seems to be people who just wait to prey on others for a spelling mistake. Enough is enough people. Let's be considerate to everyone, and treat them like proper adults even if they do not write properly. With this said, I am going to stop writing before I committ a grammar error of some sort.
It is one thing to make a spelling or grammar mistake, it is another thing to use SMS language in a post. English is not even my second language, yet my english is fairly good, and while spelling mistakes are fine with me (as long as I understand what's written, lol) I will for sure ask someone who writes in TXT lingo to re-write his question. Fortunately I haven't had this problem on here (yet) but I've seen that happen quite a lot on other forums.

PS : English people would say that americans can't speak english anyway