Battery - Turnigy Graphene 6S 5000mah 65C
Connectors - Castle 6.5mm bullets
Pinion - Tekno 25T
Spur - Agama 43T
Center Diff - Losi Heavy Duty case with metal inserts
Diff Oil - 10F/100C/5R
Tires - Proline Badlands, belted with 50 lb. fishing line braid
Anti-Wheelie - T-Bone Racing wheelie bar, flattened

The complete weight of this truggy with battery is 10.25 lbs. I have it geared at 75 mph for off-road use.

Poseidon 1527 - Grass Destroyer
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Poseidon 1527 - Wheelies
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

TP 4070 - On board with GPS telemetry
+ YouTube Video

BMX Track on 6S
+ YouTube Video

MX Track on 6S
+ YouTube Video

MillCreek Motocross Park
+ YouTube Video

Mobile Bay RC Track
+ YouTube Video

I just picked up a lightly used Tekno ET48 roller from a Team Tekno driver. This is my first 1/8 truggy and this will be a 2015 project. If anyone has any suggestions on big power setups, let me know.

This kit looks very beefy.

- 4mm CNC 7075 aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis
- 6mm front, 5mm rear CNC 7075 aluminum shock towers
- CNC hardened steel straight cut differential ring and pinion gears
- 2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precise dual clamping gear mesh adjustment
- Straight center driveline for maximum efficiency
- 16mm big bore shocks w/4mm shafts
- 14mm thick suspension arms

Motor

I was looking for one of the most powerful 40mm motors. Dr T has had great results backed up with data with his TP 4070 powered Losi 8ight T. Since this motor is so long, the ESC won't be going in the normal location. I have a smaller TP 2940 in another car and it has performed extremely well.

TP 4070
40x102mm, 1440kv, 3Y, 32V Max, 230A Max, 8mm Shaft, 7500W Max Power

Pinions

I originally ordered a Kershaw Designs 8mm Bore Mod 1 pinion gear. I wasn't sure how big it was going to be and found out that it's too large to fit through the motor mount. I then ordered a 3-Pack of the Novak 5mm Bore Mod 1 pinion gears (21,22,23T). So now I need to reduce the shaft from 8mm to 5mm with a dremel. I've done it before on other motors easily, going from 4mm to 3.17mm, but I'll be taking extra care and time with this one as the motor is a bit more expensive.

ESC

I'm going with the Castle Creations Mamba Monster Extreme ESC with extra capacitors, from the Traxxas XO-1. If it's good enough for the Castle 1717 motor and 100 mph out of the box, it should be good enough for me. I'll be placing this behind the motor where the receiver box is supposed to go. It looks like the ESC will fit good right there and the caps will overhang some. I'll be making an ESC plate for it to sit on.

Servo

It came with a Hitec HS-7954SH servo. Looks like a nice servo to me.

Battery

I'm going with a Turnigy Nano-Tech 6S 5000mah 65/130C battery. This battery should provide up to 325 amps (on paper), so it should be able to feed the 230 amp motor. I had to modify the battery tray in 3 places to get this thing to fit. Dimensions are 153x49x55mm and weight is 846g.

Wheels & Tires

I'm going with the Proline Desperado 3.8" wheels and Proline Badlands Tires (5.85" height). I really want to eliminate tire ballooning. I've always used gorilla tape with good results. I've heard of another method using drywall tape and rubber cement that was said to work better. I want to avoid the fish line method. I'll also be using Bob Smith Industries IC-2000 Black Rubber Toughened CA glue. I've heard really good reviews on it over regular CA glue. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oil

I've got some Kyosho 300,000 weight oil that I'm going to try in the center diff. The front diff came with 10k and the rear diff came with 7k. Anyone have any suggestions?

Connectors & Wiring

I'm going with the Castle Creations 6.5mm bullets & connectors, and 8awg wire to go from the motor to ESC.

Last edited by 0verkill; 04-03-2018 at 12:17 PM.