R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 08:24 AM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 18to88
Since I posted this my friend and I have discussed your guys responses.
We know that because we are older I am 54 and he is 57 that our reaction time is slower....lol
We are noobs to this class but we do have some experience in racing.
The guys we are racing with are running VTA and 17.5 class so they very very fast. Its kinda not fair for a couple of new guys trying to compete but it is was it is......
My new question is we both have lower end TX's and servos. I have airtronics mx-v and he has the lower end futaba.
We both feel like maybe a faster TX and servo might help us out.....but not sure......
In oval racing you have few seconds to take a breath and calm down.
age definitely has nothing to do with it.. I've seen and 71+ yo kick the butts of kids young enough to be his great-grand kids

definitely a faster servo will help...

what setup are you running on the cars? i think that would help get you in the ballpark - sometimes the setup in the manuals aren't the best for all surfaces and you need to look at a more specific carpet/asphalt setup

associated's site has a ton of setups for that car, so look for a carpet (if you're running on that) setup and try that..

otherwise, see one of the locals that are offering help - most guys understand what is needed to get a car to work, even if its not what they currently run