R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Magazine car report -vs-consumer internet car report
Old 02-07-2005, 08:40 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Spektrum Review (again off topic) sorry

Now the Spectrum dsm is probably the single most inovative and forward thinking device for R/C in a very very long time.

If it does everything it says it does.....

when you reviewed it you had to be full aware of the problems they had in Clevland, (a pro driver I will not name said to my face "he will never run this device again" in pro mod.

why I asked, He said he ran the updated one after cleveland and there is a noticable delay at certain points and when your going 40 mph through a chicane or turn you dont want that delay.

Now it is my understanding this problem was fixed and the driver that told me this had not actually ran the latest version that was realeased to the public.

Knowing of the past developemental issues this product had, test it.

I read that whole article and you didn't answer the one question I wanted answered,

Is it slower?? Is there lag???

Take a car, touring car mod,

run a pack- at a track with the stock radio eqip, recording all lap times.

next run a pack- only changing to the dsm record all lap times

Do it six times in alternation,
stock
dsm
stock
dsm
etc.

take the over all average of the 2 units combined
take the over all average of the stock and dsm units alone
Lap times I'm talking

drop the 5 highest and lowest, post the results, is it a .01 faster slower roughyly the same.

this would be irrelevant to gas, offroad, rtr's, but it's not irrelevant to on-road.

the system is supposed to be faster???
is it?????

I have also read in various places the fit into the m8 is not that tight, and some hitec servos are having issues.

In your article your only miss was
telling your readers they were
SOL if they didn't own one of the radios it was made for.

If you don’t already have one of the radios
listed above, you’ll need to buy one or wait
until Spektrum releases a radio!
hits
• No glitching
• No crystals
• Never worry about turning on your radio
• Best $150 you can spend
• Uses extisting high-end radios
• Upcoming on-board telemetry module!
this maybe the only product that is so good that it actually deserves a 10, however as good as your review was it was not perfect.

your job is tough, you see stuff all the time, I hope you can accept tough feed back from your readers, everyones a critic,

you guys want to stand out from your competition, do it then, get your hands dirty be creative, I was dissapointed I didn't learn anything new from your article.

these forums are a great resource for you guys and they should be taking advantage of, just a consideration.

Keep up the good work!!!!!

P.S.
no offense but I wouldnt date you though, and I hope you have a sense of humor =)