R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A.M.B RC2 decoder questions
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 06:07 AM
swarf
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
No, the loop does not need to be connected for the computer to find the decoder.

Autoscore should open if installed properly. Did the Autoscore program go through the installation process? Did it place a icon on the desktop? Are you logged in as "administrator"? Try right clicking on the icon, click on "properties" go to "shortcut" and "advances" and check "run as administrator".

You said "So the correct software drivers are there and I can't find the decoder anywhere", what drivers are you referring to? The decoder drivers or the USB to Serial adapters drivers?

I'm not sure where the drivers for the USB to Serial adapter show in Device Manager but "AMB Decoder" will show up under USB Controllers.

Did you download the "AMB/USB drivers" from the Autoscore site? If so did you execute the installation program. If so it should have placed a folder on your C drive named "AMB/USB". When you plug in the decoder for the first time it should pop up the "Found new Hardware Wizard". Select the option to manually install the drivers and browse to the folder on the C drive and select the folder "AMB/USB". If the "Found new Hardware Wizard" doesn't appear go to "Device Manager" and see if it's under "Other Devices". Right click on it and click "Drivers" and choose the option to "Update Drivers" and browse to the AMB/USB folder on your C drive. If done properly the decoder should show up under USB Controllers.

Really appreciate all the advice and patience everyone.
Turns out I hadn't installed the usb drivers for AS. Finally got the decoder to show up under USB devices. Can't tell you what a relief that was. Thank you!

There is an AS icon on the desktop and I've tried running it as an administrator. It still doesn't work tho. It says "Autoscore will not work properly without a computer" then opens and displays an error message (printer error).
I'm guessing I need a printer? The decoder came with one just need to dig it out and power it up. Another night. I'm over the moon for now just seeing the decoder show up on the computer

I was talking about the USB to serial cable drivers before. I didn't know the decoder had its own drivers. Not sure if I need to find them or if they're on the decoder?