R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DETC410
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 04:55 AM
toroloco
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lutz
@toroloco:
Iīm sorry to hear youīve broken so many parts... I for myself did not break anything, but had one or two threads go bad. But I must admit: I donīt crash so often and maybe the tracks in Europe are more forgiving.
Either way: Durango is working on new plastic-compounds. This helps especially against the slop and drive-consistency. Canīt say if it breaks more or less yet, but the threads are better, too.
What I can suggest at the moment is: glue the inserts from the foam bumper in and donīt leave them out. This makes for a lot harder bumper and more protection.
The prices of aluminium and drive train parts may not be the lowest, but I think itīs durable. Did not have to change one belt and Iīm racing my kit for nearly a year in 10.5 blinky class.
Only thing was spool-outdrives. But I like to change them over any other part that might break in instead.
I think that all plastic parts are pretty inexpensive.
Thank You for the reply.
Nice to see that You are so committed to the brand because they need people like You to survive in the TC jungle.
But don't be to successful because they will drop you like other racer who are responsible for what Team Durango was standing till a few month's ago.

Claude