R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 10:43 PM
grippgoat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
I found some getting started kinda stuff on touring car tires and I now have a basic understanding of rubber tires compared to foam. But I also got the idea that touring car tires are usually 26mm. That isn't what the S411 uses, right? Should I be looking for 24mm? I've got the correct manual downloaded for my car but I don't see anything in there about the correct tire and wheel sizes.

I'm probably missing something very obvious here and will look like an idiot but I don't know what size tires I need for my car. I did try searching this thread but didn't find the answer.
I'm not aware of many 26mm tires. Mostly just the HPI X-Patterns and VTA Fronts. Both of which should work fine. Or any standard 24mm race tire. Basically, if it's got a 12mm hex and is intended for a touring car, it should work fine.

If you're just looking to do driving practice on cold pavement, I'd get something cheap and soft. Post up on your local area forum and see if maybe someone has old race tires they could donate.

-Mike