R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 03:42 AM
Slotmachine
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billsharp34
what do you mean by forward arm sweep or how do you do that
The front hinge pin holder on the back of the arm has a washer behind it, if you increase the thickness of the washer it adds forward arm sweep.

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
Had my first time out with this buggy today and definitely liked it. I have a few questions...

I have the Reedy setup on this car except for the carbon arm inserts (which I'll have soon) and I have the stock box springs (these are softer than the Xgear springs Ty is running??).

Everything is pretty good except longer sweeping corners. On constant throttle it's pushing slightly. If I increase the power to get the back end rotating more, if feels super loose and comes around unpredictably. Any suggestions on increasing on-power turning while reducing the snappiness of the rear stepping out too quickly? The rear tires I'm using came off my mod buggy and they're hooked up on that car. I don't think it's a case of wrong tires.

I have the shock shaft lengths exactly as described in the setup sheets. However, the front droop is pretty extreme. The springs don't even touch the collars at full extension. Am I missing something or is this how it's supposed to be?

Thanks for any help. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this car more dialed in.
I put more kick-up in the front to help on power steering, I swapped out the 3dot hinge pin holder for the 2 dot in the front.
Paul