R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo R12
Thread: Yokomo R12
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 09:26 AM
swimbikerun
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
I like mine, its not difficult to set up once you figure it out. the car handles well, and is quick, but it is not on point in stock racing. The car is too heavy out of the box, with Ti screws, and the smallest servo, it is 40g over weight.

A smaller shock in next, other than that, dont know where to shave weight from, other than losing the independent front end and bell crank. Then it would be just another generic 12th scale.

I converted mine to the 3.1. With the small tubes, you need to run a significantly higher lube than most other tube designs to get the same feel.

I also found that the car handles best with the smallest possible tires, which is 41.5. The axle spacers do not go low enough to run any smaller and still maintain ride height.

Edward, what tires are you finding work well on the carpet? I have been running the Med/Hard front, and Soft rear in stock 13.5, and med/med in mod.
You need to pick up the 2.0mm bearing height adapters which allows you to run sub 41mm size tires while maintaining legal ride height.
http://www.teamyokomo.com/partslist/...ts_yf_20h.html