R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Whats going on with team associated???
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 04:41 AM
Herrsavage
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by madweazl
You do realize you're talking about a company who's first vehicle was targeted directly to the racer, right? It remained that way for over a decade before any "basher" vehicles came from them. I'd argue that they need to drop the non race vehicles and refocus on the race market (along with Losi) but they want that money.

That's fine and great. I personally couldn't care less about racing any more. Too much money, too much time, too many classes, too much sitting around waiting for my heat, too much of a PIA to find a pit guy, etc.. I do however still like 8th scale offroad RC's - a lot, and have an RC8T, RC8B, SC8, and SC8e.. (the SC8e is boring as hell and so is for sale.. Probably my best RC- the RC8T too, soon.. If I can even get a reasonable price for it, given that it's been out for five years, and in racing one year is ancient.....) Point is, I don't have to care about racing to dump money into the company. But I did. Lots. So did LOTS AND LOTS of other people. The RC8.2e had to be a huge money maker... Problem is, in racing you need ("need"....) an upgraded model every 10 months, and at the scale on which AE operates, that wasn't feasible probably. Which is unfortunate, because it's exactly what I liked about AE - so many cars based on the same platform sharing so many parts...

Part of the problem IMO is racing. It's too fractured(too many classes), and people take it way too seriously. Maybe they could do like Losi and make AE the racing side like TLR, and TT more the basher side.. Kind of seems like they're doing that anyway. TT btw does make great basher cars. Can't say AE is having the same success on the racing side... Huge mess over at AE. Unfortunately...