R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 03:10 PM
hairless_ape
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by volracer
Just wait till their cheap 25.5 runs up against the hot 25.5 "motor of the week", then they will wish everyone had to run a Novak/spec motor. I have been this hobby far to long to see classes die because people made it attractive to beginners, but had them competing against better equipment and drivers. If people buy a $250 dollar car and think that they can take that car up a class and compete with people that invest many times as much money, they will have rude awakening. Many pros have started with lower grade equipment, but eventually they moved up. We all want it now, just save up some more and get good equipment.
That's your problem...your way of thinking is stuck in the past. You need to get with the times, old man.

The "cheap stuff" is made in the same Chinese factory, to the same specs, using the same electronics as the "good equipment." The only difference is the name painted on the side of the motor can or esc case. If you like throwing your money away that's fine, but when I can get the EXACT SAME motor for $30 instead of $100, I'm gonna save that fist-full of money.