R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MI5 Evo setup help
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 01:32 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MatsNorway
Thank you. Bang on the money and Viking73 sendt me the same one. I just did not know where to find such things.

Will order new stabilisers. And add chims to suspentions to get the dive etc right.

But im confused about the oil. Stock is refered to as 35W. Setup sheet has 350cTs? same just different unit?

I also have a ton of old losi oil.

20, 40, 50, 60, 80 it says on the top. It is also color coded. Is the number values to be considered in W's whatever that is.. viscosity value? why W?
He is using a different brand oil (MuchMore), which will be a bit different to the kit 35wt. It's very hard to transfer a wt measurement to cst.
In terms of the Losi oil, I personally always found it to be quite thick for the rating. 35wt Losi is not too dissimilar to 450cst MuchMore. Personally, if you can, just grab some bottles of cst rated oils, and your set (normally not that expensive, probably only need 350,400,450,500). Just make sure to use the same brand oil for the different rates, as there can be big differences between one brands oil and another's.

HiH
Ed