R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Could a US Nitro Series work?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 09:35 AM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks nitro!!!

I said what I said in my previous post because I know of one area, outside of California, that is doing something right. That is the onroad club track racing scene in Austin, TX. The club racing is sponsored by the local Hobby Towns (one in north Austin and one in South Austin). They alternate racing weekends between the two and even alternate days (Sat/Sun) for those that can race on one of those days but not the other. Their track layouts are easy for the new racers' skill set but give just enough for the more skilled racers. They listen to the racers and have set up classes and rules to accomodate those that participate regularly. They try new classes if enough interest is there and if the new class is successful, great, but if it isn't, they move on with what they have established. They race weekly (weather/situation permitting) and always have more than 20 racers running any given race day. There are a few sponsored guys in the area but they go with the flow. Most of their club participants don't travel to a ton of big races and are glad that they have places locally to race their cars.

With all that said, they have a proven formula that is working. So, if the racers of Austin, TX prove that it can be done, I know it can be done in other areas, so long as you don't lose sight of what you are really trying to accomplish.