R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 07:40 AM
jpcopeland1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bivens
A couple of questions....I'm looking for more off power steering....first attempt at setup was the "Dunford Sugar Track Setup" on Casper's page...

http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_...gar%202014.pdf

Truck seems "lazy" entering the corners and I want more steering.....into corner and mid corner.

Here's the first few things I want to try......comments please!

Front shocks - move in on lower arm....already tried center hole, now trying inside hole.....move top of front shocks out one hole

shift battery to forward mounting hole...but ESC is still in front of the pack

Remove front sway bar

Increase kick by swapping out 0's to 1's....try max kick up

Thin the front and rear diffs from 5k to 3k....or other fluid...suggestions please

Now....for another question...I'd love to try some of the new setups but cannot find those aluminum 15deg caster blocks....anybody have a "current" in-stock source?

I've been driving a LOT of 2wd SCT and buggy with 22-2.0 truck and buggy....and I'd love to replicate the feel of those rolling through the corners rather than the POWER sliding I see so many pro4''s doing.....I've always liked a car that drives smooth and controlled without needing to spin tires to go fast......can I make this truck drive like that and still go fast?

Running med to high bite clay with some sugar on it...plenty of grip...outdoor in cool weather though....usually hot-bodies pink Beams are the tire of choice for my 2wdsct at our track.

Tekin pro4 4600KV power train on 2s with Orion R10.....full size 2s packs.

My first Pro4 truck....I've run 1/8 nitro buggy before though....
When was his setup posted during summer or winter? if Summer I would drop a full spring set all around, and drop the oil 2.5%, removing the sway car will give you more twitchy steering which I think is what you are going for, but with a loss of stability. Also is there a specific winter time posted setup by Dakota Phend? I would try that setup. I like Ryan's setups, but they are a bit on the mellow side for me. Also if I wanted to loosen up the suspension to try to gain more steering I would lay down the shock as much as possible.